1. Where are your boats located?
You’ll find our charter boats in the central Auckland Viaduct area on Hobson Wharf next to Auckland Jet Boat Tours at Gate 1, Hobson Wharf,Viaduct Harbour.
2. Do you provide bait and fishing rods?
3. How much does it cost to hire your boat?
The price of charter trips on Extasea and Spartacus vary depending on the type of trip and services you require. Please check the basic charter cost information on the fleet page or contact us for a no obligation personalized quote on 0800 242 782 or email us at email@example.com
4. How many people fit on your boat?
For your saftey and pleasure we limit the number of guests we take on board.
5. Do you provide catering?
We have a variety of different menu options ranging from simple finger food to a gourmet BBQ. Our caterers prepare your meals fresh on the day and do their best to use only the finest local produce. Our expert crew will prepare your cuisine on board for your dining pleasure.
6. Can we self cater?
You are welcome to organise your own catering. There is a self catering fee of $15 per person.Please also make sure your group is aware that they are responsible for delivery, presentation and cleaning up. If the boat is left in an unsatisfactory level of cleanliness an additional fee will be charged for the extra cleaning necessary.
7. Is there a BBQ on board?
There is a stainless steel all weather BBQ on Spartacus which we use to cater for up to 35 people. There is a $50 fee for the use of this BBQ which covers the cost of gas and cleaning. There is no BBQ available on Extasea
8. Is there a deposit?
Yes, a non refundable $500 deposit is due upon confirmation of booking to secure your date. The remaining balance is due 1 month before the charter date. If the booking is made within a month of departure the full balance of the charter is due immediately.
9. What is your policy on alcohol?
There is a self catering fee to cover the cost of glass hire and a staff member to serve and clean up. Please keep your consumption of alcohol on the fishing trip to a reasonable level. An sufficient supply of non alcohol beverages must also be supplied. If the behaviour of any member of your group gets to a point where the safety of other people on board is compromised, the skipper may, at his own discretion, and without warning return to port immediately.
10. Is there parking available?
We depart from Hobson wharf in the central Auckland Viaduct area. Your best option for parking is to use one of the nearby parking buildings.
11. Can we play our own music on your boats?
12. What are your business hours?
We are happy to take phone enquiries between the hours of 8am & 8pm 7 days a week. Call us on 0800 242 782 and we will be glad to answer your questions and take bookings. Email enquiries will be answered within 24 hours.
13. What can we expect from our day out?
Our basic charter plans are based on 4, 6 & 8 hour trips.
- On a 4 hour fishing charter we recommend an inner harbour course venturing out as far as the Rangitoto channel and the surrounding islands to maximise fishing and leisure time.
- On a 6 hour boat trip the basic plan remains the same. With the extra time however we can venture further out into the Auckland Hauraki Gulf.
- An 8 hour charter opens up all sorts of options. Plenty of time for fishing and to pop into a sheltered bay for lunch and a swim or a walk on the beach.
We can pre-plan your day out and customise it to suit the needs of your group.